Delicious, decadent, rich chocolate chip cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle. Give Ben’s cookies a go!
(Makes about 14 cookies)
1. Place the butter in a medium saucepan over a high heat. Once melted, whisk constantly until the butter foams and turns a nutty brown colour. Tip into a large mixing bowl set over an ice bath. Add 2 tbsp cold water and allow to cool and thicken, whisking occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl. Place the caster sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is at a thick ribbon stage.
3. Add the cooled, thickened brown butter and brown sugar and beat to combine for 30 seconds.
4. Tip in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Throw in the chocolate and mix again until just combined. Transfer to a container, cover and store in the fridge overnight.
5. The next day, preheat the oven to 160°C.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, ball the cookie dough and place onto a greaseproof paper-lined baking tray, leaving 5cm between each ball.
7. Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown around the edges but still soft in the centre.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt while still hot.
Want more delicious recipes? Try our app for free!