[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A7327.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
5 Spice Pear with Granola + Baked Goat's Cheese
2 conference pears
1 tsp 5 spice powder
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 pinch saffron
1 tbsp honey
50 g granola
2 goat’s cheese wheels , (100g each)
1 little gem lettuce
1 head chicory
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Quarter the pears lengthwise and cut out the core. Add the quarters to a mixing bowl, scatter over half of the 5 spice powder and toss to coat the pears. Put a frying pan over a high heat and add the butter. Let it melt and foam then add the pears. Fry for a few minutes each side until they begin to brown but are still firm.
- Pour 1 tbsp of boiling water over the saffron and let it steep for 5 minutes. Stir in the honey and leave to cool.
- Transfer the cooked pears to a plate and put the frying pan you used earlier back over a high heat. Let the remaining butter melt and foam then add the remaining 1⁄2 tsp of 5 spice powder. Tip the granola into the pan and coat it in the butter. Fry for 5 minutes, until the butter begins to go brown and nutty. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the goat’s cheese onto a baking tray and grill for 3-4 minutes, until the top begins to brown well and the cheese is bubbling but not melting.
- Slice the root off of the lettuce and chicory to separate all of the leaves. Cut the leaves in half lengthwise and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and a little of the saffron honey, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat the leaves.
- Place the cheese on one side of your serving plates and the leaves on the other side. Arrange the pears around the leaves. Scatter the granola over the leaves and cheese. Drizzle the saffron honey over the cheese and serve.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes