[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/YOU_ARE_SORTED_FROSTED-PARSNIP-CAKE.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘You Are Sorted’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Frosted Parsnip Cake
200 g raisins
1 tbsp honey
175 ml sunflower oil
200 g soft light brown sugar
225 g self-raising flour
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp baking powder
50 g unsalted butter , softened
100 g cream cheese
200 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a baking tin (20x20cm) with baking paper. Zest the lemon and save for later, then squeeze the juice all over the raisins in a small bowl. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together with the honey, oil and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Peel and grate enough parsnips to make up 225g of gratings. Spoon the flour, mixed spice, baking powder and lemon zest into the sugar and oil mixture then fold in. Add the grated parsnips and raisins with the lemon juice into the mixture then stir to combine.
- Pour the mix into the lined baking tin and bake for 40 minutes until risen, golden on top and a skewer comes out clean when stuck into the middle.
- Peel the remaining parsnips and keep peeling to make strips of very thin parsnip. Lay these flat on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake alongside the cake for 10-15 minutes until crisp, golden and brittle.
- Allow the cake to cool for half an hour in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack. Beat the butter, cream cheese and icing sugar together until lump free. When the cake has cooled to room temperature smear the cream cheese frosting over the top. Carefully cut into squares and finish each square with a shard of parsnip crisp.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next ‘You Are Sorted’ recipes