The chefs’ silky hummus uses plenty of garlic, lemon, tahini and extra virgin olive oil. Top with slightly fruity, slightly spicy chicken and pancetta for the ultimate dinner party dip.
FOR THE HUMMUS
1. Tip 400g chickpeas, undrained, plus 400ml water and ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda into a pressure cooker and cook at full pressure for 10 minutes.
2. Peel 12 cloves of garlic and add them to the bowl of a food processor along with the juice of 2 lemons and 2 tsp salt. Purée for 1-2 minutes until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
3. Add 100ml extra virgin olive oil and 300g tahini paste and continue to blitz for 2 minutes – the mixture may split but this is fine at this stage.
4. Once the chickpeas are cooked, drain through a sieve and save the cooking liquid.
5. Add the warm chickpeas and 30g of the cooking juices to the food processor. Blitz for 5 minutes until silky smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and lemon juice.
6. Cool the hummus over an ice bath before serving in a bowl with the spiced chicken and pancetta topping.
FOR THE SPICED CHICKEN AND PANCETTA TOPPING
1. Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium high heat and tip in the pancetta. Fry until rendered and crispy.
2. Dice the chicken and add it to the pan along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is golden brown. Chop the preserved lemon, pickled apricot and parsley while you wait.
3. Add 1 tsp Aleppo pepper, 1 tsp cinnamon powder and 1 tsp cumin powder and cook for 30 seconds before mixing in the chopped fruit and parsley. Remove from the heat and spoon over the top of your hummus.
Want more delicious recipes? Try our app for free!