Jamie’s hummus features golden roasted garlic and the surprise addition of ice cubes to create the smoothest hummus ever! Here’s his recipe, including your top tips from YouTube.
1. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
2. Trim the top off one bulb of garlic, rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place it on a small roasting tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until fudgey, soft and golden brown.
3. Drain the jar of chickpeas through a colander over a mixing bowl, saving the liquid (aquafaba) for later.
4. Add 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 large clove of the roasted garlic, 2 tbsp tahini and the juice of 1 lemon to the bowl of a food processor along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Whizz for 1 minute until well combined.
5. Begin to add the chickpeas to the food processor in small batches, continuing to blitz the mixture as you go. Add the ice cubes to keep the temperature down and ensure that your hummus is nice and silky. You can use the reserved aquafaba to help loosen the mixture if necessary.
6. Once blended to the required consistency, check for tahini/lemon/salt/pepper seasoning and adjust as necessary.
7. Serve in a bowl with a good glug of olive oil.
Want more delicious recipes? Try our app for free!