For the sauce:
For the noodles:
To finish the sauce:
1. Tip the oil into a large mixing bowl and add the anchovies. Finely grate in the garlic – no need to peel.
2. Dollop in the tomato paste, add the sugar and give everything a good mix.
3. Cover with Cling Film and microwave for 3-4 minutes.
4. Tip the udon noodles into another bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soften for 4-5 minutes.
5. Blitz the parsley and olives together in a mini-chopper.
6. Transfer the noodles from their cooking water to the bowl with the sauce.
7. Chuck in the parsley and olive mixture and toss everything together. Add a splash of water to loosen the mix if it looks a bit claggy.
8. Divide between plates, finely grate over the Parmesan and dig in!
Sign up to the newsletter to download this recipe and more delicious cooks!