For the bulgogi steak:
For the queso:
1. Preheat the grill/broiler to max.
2. Slice the ribeye steak into thin slices. Deseed and slice a green pepper and slice the onion into strips. Chuck them all into a large ziplock bag.
3. Add the soy sauce, gochujang paste, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, vegetable oil and light brown sugar to the bag.
4. Give everything a mix and leave it to chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours, if you can wait that long!
5. To make the queso, tip the cream into a small saucepan and place over a high heat. Bring to a simmer and beat in the gochujang then the cheese 1 slice at a time, until fully incorporated.
6. Cut the sub rolls in half, open them out like books and toast under a hot grill/broiler.
7. Fry the marinated beef mix in a ripping hot frying pan in two batches for 4-6 minutes, until caramelised in places.
8. Spread mayo onto the toasted rolls. Load in the beef, pour over the cheese sauce and scatter over the sliced spring onion. Get involved!
Sign up to the newsletter to download this recipe and more delicious cooks!