(Serves 8-10) Ingredients For the pulled pork: 3 tbsp smoked paprika 2 tbsp light brown sugar 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp black peppercorns 1 tbsp coriander seeds ½ tbsp chilli flakes 1 tbsp fennel seeds 1 tbsp garlic powder 2kg boneless pork shoulder 600ml pale ale For the apple sauce: 3 granny smith apples 2 […]
For the pulled pork:
For the apple sauce:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
2. Blitz the smoked paprika, light brown sugar, salt, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, chilli flakes, fennel seeds and garlic powder in a spice grinder.
3. Rub the spice mix all over a boneless joint of pork shoulder.
4. Plonk it into a large ovenproof saucepan and tip over the pale ale.
5. Add a lid and whack the whole pan into the oven for 4-5 hours, until it can be cut into with a spoon.
6. While the pork cooks, core the apples and roughly dice them.
7. Chuck the apples into a large mixing bowl along with the sugar and vinegar.
8. Cover with Cling Film and microwave on full power for 5-6 minutes, until the apples soften.
9. Mash the cooked apple and set aside for later.
10. Once the pork has cooked, pull into strands with 2 forks and mix it through any residual sauce in the bottom of the pan.
11. Cut the glazed ring doughnuts in half and load in the pulled pork and apple sauce. Serve with plenty of napkins and a health warning.
Sign up to the newsletter to download this recipe and more delicious cooks!