(Serves 3-4) Ingredients For the ribs: 4 corn cobs For the sauce: 100g feta 25g unsalted butter 5 tbsp hot sauce To fry: 2l vegetable oil To serve: 1 tbsp sesame seeds 2 spring onions (thinly sliced) Method 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and a deep fat fryer to 180°C (360°F). […]
For the ribs:
For the sauce:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and a deep fat fryer to 180°C (360°F).
2. Cut the cobs of corn in half crosswise, then into 6-8 wedges lengthwise. This step can get dangerous, so do as we do!
3. Chuck the feta, butter and hot sauce into a baking dish and roast in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until the feta softens.
4. Deep fry the corn in the oil for 4-6 minutes, until golden.
5. Mash the feta with the butter, hot sauce and a splash of water to get things saucy.
6. Once the corn ribs are golden, drain on kitchen towel and transfer into the feta sauce.
7. Pile the ribs onto a plate, scatter over sesame seeds, sliced spring onions and chow down!
Sign up to the newsletter to download this recipe and more delicious cooks!