[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A8316.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage + Pumpkin Seeds
350 g sweet potatoes
120 g ricotta
1 large egg
350 g strong white bread flour
100 g butter
4 sprigs sage
25 g pumpkin seeds
15 g hard Italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and bake for an hour, until very soft all the way through. Leave to cool slightly then scoop the flesh out of the skins into a mixing bowl.
- Add the ricotta and the egg to the sweet potato, mixing to make a smooth paste. Tip in the flour and stir to form a smooth dough, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Put a large saucepan of water over a high heat, season well with salt and heat it to a boil. Roll the dough out into a long, thin sausage shape about 1cm wide. Cut it into 2cm lengths to make the gnocchi. Drop them into the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. They will float to the top of the water when they are cooked. You might need to do this in batches.
- Heat the 100g of butter in a medium saucepan over a high heat for a few minutes then test the temperature by adding a sage leaf. If it sizzles then add 3 more sage leaves and fry for 30 seconds, until they curl and darken a little. Remove the sage leaves from the pan using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towel, they should crisp up after a minute.
- Add the gnocchi into the same butter. Fry for 1-2 minutes until it turns golden brown on one side then repeat on the other side. Finely chop the remaining sage and add to the pan, along with a squeeze of lemon juice. Fry for another minute, tossing everything together, and add a splash of the water you boiled the gnocchi in. Shake the pan to emulsify everything and coat the gnocchi.
- Divide the gnocchi between serving plates. Scatter over the pumpkin seeds, grate over the cheese and garnish with the fried sage leaves.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes