[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A7519.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Roasted Pineapple with Jalapeño Dressing + Berries
100 g soft dark brown sugar
120 ml orangeade
5 tbsp honey
50 g coconut flakes
1 tsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp coconut oil , melted
1 cantaloupe melon
100 g raspberries
200 g strawberries
75 g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 230°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Tip the sugar into a baking dish, pour in the orangeade and squeeze in 3 tbsp of the honey. Stir to dissolve the honey.
- Top and tail the pineapple then cut off all of the skin. Slice around the core to get 4 wedges. Lay the pineapple into the sugar marinade and leave it for 10 minutes before turning and leaving for another 10 minutes.
- Place the pineapple onto the prepared baking tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn, baste and roast for another 15 minutes. Put a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Tip the coconut flakes into the pan and toast for 2-3 minutes, tossing regularly, until they begin to turn a deep brown around the edges.
- Pour the vinegar, remaining 2 tbsp of honey and coconut oil into a bowl and whisk to combine. De-seed and finely dice the jalapeño then stir it through the dressing. Keep the dressing warm so that the coconut oil stays liquid.
- Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds. Use a melon baller to scoop out the melon flesh (or dice into cubes). Spoon the melon with all of the berries into the dressing and coat them. Place a slice of pineapple on each of your serving plates and arrange the other fruit around it. Drizzle the dressing over the pineapple, scatter over the coconut flakes and serve.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes