[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A7478.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Gooseberry Fool with Lemon Thyme + Shortbread
100 g unsalted butter
50 g caster sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
150 g plain flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
300 g gooseberries
50 g caster sugar
2 sprigs lemon thyme
250 ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
50 g natural yoghurt
- In a large mixing bowl (or a food processor) mix together the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and smooth. Finely grate in the zest of the lemon, add the cinnamon and gently mix into the butter mixture with the flour, trying not to work the dough too much, bringing it together into a ball. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2cm in thickness, cut out into fingers, place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Sprinkle the shortbread lightly with the 1 tbsp of caster sugar, and bake for 20 minutes, until just beginning to brown around the edges. When baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Top and tail the gooseberries and throw them into a medium saucepan with the caster sugar. Pick the leaves from the thyme and add them to the pan. Put it over a medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the gooseberries begin to break down. Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and leave to cool for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge to cool completely.
- Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and add the icing sugar. Whip to soft peaks then whip in the yoghurt to make stiff peaks. Marble most of the gooseberry mix through the cream, transfer to bowls or glasses and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve the shortbread fingers with the fool, topped with the reserved gooseberry mix and optional lemon thyme sprig.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes