[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A7488.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Rum Soaked Raisins + Mango
50 g raisins
25 ml white rum
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
60 g small tapioca pearls
50 g caster sugar
2 sprigs Thai basil
- Tip the raisins into a small bowl and pour over the rum. Leave them to soak for an hour.
- Carefully drill holes into the eyes of the coconut, turn it upside down over a bowl and drain the water from it, saving the water for later. Place the drained coconut onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. The coconut should have cracked in several places.
- Using a butter knife or other dull blade separate the shell from the husk then peel the husk from the coconut meat. Rinse the coconut meat under cool water and pat dry. Break the meat into 5 - 7cm pieces. Grate 160g of the coconut flesh into small chunks using the grater attachment on a food processor (you could also use a medium-coarse hand grater) and save for later.
- Tip the grated coconut into a high-powered blender with the maple syrup, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Measure the coconut water and top it up with tap water to make 700ml total. Pour it into the blender and blend until as smooth as possible. Strain the liquid through the finest sieve possible into a mixing bowl.
- Pour 700ml of the coconut milk into a medium saucepan. Add the tapioca pearls and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Put the saucepan over a medium heat, add the sugar and bring the milk to a simmer then turn the heat down low. Simmer for 15 minutes until the liquid thickens and the tapioca has begun to break down.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel the remaining coconut into flakes and spread them over a baking tray. Toast them in the oven for 5 minutes, until they begin to turn golden brown.
- Slice down either side of the stone then use a spoon to scoop the mango flesh out of its skin. Dice the flesh into 1⁄2cm cubes. Divide the pudding between your plates and top with the rum soaked raisins, mango, toasted coconut and basil leaves.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes