[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A7527.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Cherry Frangipane with Lemon Mascarpone + Toasted Almonds
250 g plain flour
125 g unsalted butter , chilled
90 g caster sugar
1 large egg , beaten
225 g unsalted butter
1 tsp almond extract
225 g caster sugar
175 g ground almonds
50 g plain flour
4 large eggs
3 tbsp cherry jam
200 g cherries , pitted
2 tbsp icing sugar
400 ml double cream
100 g mascarpone
50 g almond flakes , toasted
- Tip the flour into a food processor, cube the butter and add it in too. Blitz until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and beaten egg, season with a little salt and pulse to bring it together into a dough. Wrap the dough in Cling Film and chill in the fridge for at least an hour to relax.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1⁄2cm thickness. Lay over a tart case (20cm diameter), gently press into the edges and right down into the corners, trimming off any excess pastry. Line the inside of the tart case with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Then chill again for 15 minutes. Bake the case for 15 minutes then remove the beans and bake again for 5 minutes before allowing to cool. Lower the temperature to 170°C.
- Beat the butter, almond extract and sugar together in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Combine the almonds and flour in another bowl. Add the eggs to the beaten butter, mixing in one at a time with a spoonful of the flour mix. After all of the eggs are combined add the rest of the flour. Gently mix until well combined and smooth.
- Spread the cherry jam into the cooled tart case. Pour the frangipane over the jam, being careful to maintain the layers. Poke the pitted cherries into the filling, leaving a little space between each one.
- Return the tart to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, until the filling has puffed up and is golden brown. Leave to cool for 30 minutes and serve warm or wait and serve cool.
- Add the icing sugar and the cream to a mixing bowl and whip until almost at soft peaks. Add the mascarpone, finely grate in the zest of the lemons, squeeze in about 1 tbsp of the juice and whip again to stiff peaks.
- Serve the tart with a generous scoop of mascarpone cream and a scattering of the toasted almonds. Slice at the table.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes