[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/CARBONARA.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Bucket List’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
125 g dried bucatini pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
60 g pancetta unsmoked
1 large egg
2 tbsp Pecorino
- Heat a large saucepan of water to the boil and season generously with salt. Add the pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes. While the pasta cooks, put a frying pan over a medium-high heat and pour in the oil. Add the pancetta and cook until it’s very crispy on the outside but still slightly chewy (add a splash of water if it starts to brown too much).
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl and add a very generous pinch of fresh ground black pepper. Grate in the Pecorino. Beat the mix to a creamy liquid.
- Drain the pasta, saving some of the cooking water. Tip the pasta into the frying pan with the pancetta and toss to thoroughly coat the pasta in the oil. Remove the pan from the heat and pile the pasta up into a mound at one side of the pan. Pour the egg mixture all over the mound of pasta so that it coats it but doesn’t immediately touch the bottom of the hot pan.
- Use a spatula to continually stir and mix the pasta and sauce so that it doesn’t scramble but warms through and becomes creamy, coating the pasta. If the sauce is too thick add 1-2 tbsp of the reserved pasta water. If it’s too thin then you can very carefully cook over a very low heat to thicken it up.
- Finish with a little extra grated Pecorino and black pepper over the top.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next Bucket List recipes