Recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts
Makes around 12 doughnuts - deep fryer required!
- 25 g caster sugar
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- 1.5 tsp dried yeast
- 50 g butter
- 1.5 egg yolks
- pinch salt
- 125 ml milk
- 245 g bread flour
- canola oil
1. Warm milk and melt butter in the microwave until body temperature/lukewarm
2. Combine flour sugar yeast and salt in a bowl
3. Mix in milk butter and egg until the dough comes together
4. Knead on a floured surface until smooth.
5. Place back in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
6. Knock back the dough and knead on a floured surface until smooth.
7. Roll out to 1 cm thick and use 1 big and 1 small cookie cutter to cut out doughnut shapes
8. Set aside to prove for 10 more minutes on a tray
9. Heat deep fryer to 180 degrees Celsius
10. Deep fry 4 doughnuts until golden on one side and then flip.
11. Drain doughnuts on paper towel and roll in cinnamon sugar.
12. Repeat for all doughnuts and then eat them all!!
Hungry for more? Try one of these!