Recipe: Healthy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten free chocolate chip cookies made with unrefined sugars and loads of other great stuff for you! This is for those crunchy cookie lovers!
- 1 3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (natural is best!)
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Cashew (or almond) butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large Eggs (or vegan replacement!)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Sugar (according to desired sweetness)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Mini Chips (according to desired level of chocolate chips!)
Preheat The Oven And Get Ready!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Line baking sheets with parchment paper (or use good quality non-stick pans!)
In a medium bowl sift together all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon)
Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl until full combined and add in dry ingredients 1/3 at a time, add chocolate chips last
Dough will be very sticky! Scrape dough out of bowl and wrap in parchment paper -- place in the fridge for 15 - 30 minutes
Get That Dough!
Once set, roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper until it's 1/4 of an inch thin
Cut out circular (or other) shapes with a medium sized cookie cuter, re-rolling dough until all shapes are cut-out
Bake, Cool, Eat, Repeat!
Bake each batch 12 - 15 minutes* or until edge of cookies are dark golden brown
Cool on a wire rack and keep in an airtight container (preferably tin) for 2-3 days
Hungry for more? Try one of these!