Recipe: The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Muffin
The most deliciously satisfying muffin studded with chocolate chips topped with a sprinkle of coarse sugar. Gluten free, refined sugar free -- these are perfect for a breakfast on the go or to eat on the side of any healthy meal :)
- 2 1/2 cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (Making your own yields the best results!)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/16 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt OR Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 Eggs Room temperature (or vegan replacement such as flax or chia eggs)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste or Extract
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Almond milk, room temperature, to thinvbatter
Get Ready To Prep!
Preheat oven to 400 F and line 2 muffin pans with liners (you will get around 14 large muffins or more smaller muffins!). In a medium sized bowl sift all dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and coconut sugar) and in a separate large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients one at a time until it forms a cohesive mixture.
Add dry mixture to wet until combined -- if you cannot mix the batter add a splash more of almond milk -- keep in mind the batter is thick but you should be able to stir it easily. Think somewhere in between cookie batter and cake batter! You may need to use less or more almond milk so have extra handy!
Scoop (using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon) batter into the muffin liners. They should come a bit over the top of the pan for nice big muffin tops. Top with coarse sugar if desired!
Bake Bake Bake!
Bake for 5-10 minutes at 400 F* and then decrease the heat to 365 and bake for an additional 20 - 25 minutes or until top becomes slightly browned and crisp and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and serve immediately!
Hungry for more? Try one of these!