Blueberry, Banana And Cinnamon Oat Bars
This Community Recipe was uploaded by the user louise.
For official Sorted® recipes please click here.
This recipe was a bit of an experiment so I was pleased when it turned out rather tasty! I literally threw a whole mix of stuff in there so I guess this recipe is pretty flexible. Have some fun, and share your results with me by tagging this recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 10 chopped dates
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nut oil (or any oil)
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts (any)
- 2 handfuls bluberries
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 6 tbsp oats
- 5 tbsp self raising flour
- 2 bananas
- 4 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
• This mixture makes 7-8 little bars that are handheld size. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
• First mash the banana and soft butter together with a fork and place in a mixing bowl.
• Add in all of the dry ingredients. These can be swapped and changed for the things you like and what you have available. Dried fruits like apricots or raisins would be nice.
• Add in the egg and the oil last, then mix everything together to create a thick, moist batter.
• Prepare your 8 mini loaf tins (or one bigger baking dish or Pyrex dish) by lightly greasing with soft butter, chilling and then coating with a thin layer of flour. Pour the mixture into your tin/s - I then topped them with a few leftover flaked almonds.
• Bake for 20 mins and remove from the hot tray/tin when cooling on a rack. (You can check to see if it's cooked by sticking a metal skewer or knife in the middle - if it comes out clean, it's cooked!) If you're making one larger one, wait for it to cool before cutting.
Enjoy your snack! These are packed with high energy foods like nuts, banana and seeds so great for that afternoon slump. The slow release of energy from the oats will make you feel fuller for longer. (Now I sound like an expensive yoghurt advert.)
Hungry for more? Try one of these!