This Community Recipe was uploaded by the user joyceluix.
For official Sorted® recipes please click here.
Cheeeese. Double cheese, double patty, double bacon, double every-burger-filling-ever, sandwiched between double slices of grilled cheese.
This is ultimate indulgence. Foodgasm in a bite.
Just a recipe inspired by one of my favourite burger joints in HK.
- 500 g Prime, dry-aged ground beef
- 2 Slices Open-faced grilled cheese sandwich
- 2 Slices Sharp Cheddar
- 4 strips Crispy bacon
- 2 tbsp Caramelised onion spread
Form Your Patties
Make two 250g patties out of the ground beef
Grill The Patties
Grill them to your desired state (I like mine's medium-rare)
Caramelise The Onions
With a shot of olive oil and a teaspoon of brown sugar, caramelise the onions
Make The Caramelised Onion Spread
Deglaze the pan with a bit of white wine, then add mayo to the caramelised onions.
Season, then leave to reduce.
Grill The Bacon Strips And Bacon Strips And Bacon Strips And Bacon Strips
Get the EMT reference? ;)
Grill the bacon (forget the ingredients list - use as much as you want!) until cripsy
1. Place a table spoon of the caramelised onion spread on the bottom slice of grilled cheese
2. Place half of the bacon strips
3. Place one of the patties on top
4. Put a slice (or two, or three, or four...) of sharp cheddar on top of the grilled patty
5. Place the remaining patty on top (watch that cheese melt and ooze..)
6. Another slice of cheese (this is obviously not for the health conscious)
7. More bacon strips
8. One more dollop of the caramelised onion spread (you can even save some of the caramelised onions to put on top of the spread)
9. Finish with the final grilled cheese lid
10. Stick a knife in the burger to hold it in place.
Take as many photos as you want of this beauty, upload, then hashtag away! :)
Hungry for more? Try one of these!