Recipe: Shampoo Smoothies
You can get inspiration from all over the place... not just the kitchen, cookbooks or food markets. How about your bathroom or the toiletry isle of a supermarket? These 3 drinks are all inspired by shampoo flavours... what do you wash with and could it become a drink?
- 250 ml whole milk (smoothie 3)
- 1 cup yogurt (smoothie 1)
- 500 ml coconut water (smoothie 2)
- 1 Other papaya (smoothie 3)
- 1 chunk caramelised stem ginger (smoothie 1)
- 1/2 pod vanilla pod (smoothie 3)
- 1 Other banana (smoothie 1)
- 1 pinch salt (smoothie 1)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (smoothie 1)
- 1 tin lychees in syrup (smoothie 2)
For the Banana, Cinnamon & Ginger:
Peel and chunk up the banana.
Throw all the ingredients in to a food blender and blitz.
Serve in a chilled glass.
For the Coconut and Lychee:
Freeze the coconut water in ice cube trays.
Drain the lychees from their syrup.
Blitz the ice cubes with the lychees until all chunks have gone.
Serve immediately, with freshly chopped mint (optional).
For the Milk, Papaya & Vanilla:
Peel and dice the papaya.
Freeze the pieces on a baking tray for a couple of hours.
Blitz the frozen papaya with the milk and seeds from the vanilla pod.
Serve straight away in a chilled glass.
Hungry for more? Try one of these!