Quick Fruity Pick-Me-Up
This Community Recipe was uploaded by the user louise.
For official Sorted® recipes please click here.
This is so simple, it's barely a recipe! But if you keep a few fruity snacks in stock, they're easy to whip up into something tasty when you feel you need an energy boost!
Banana - packed with vitamin C, it's loaded with energy making it a perfect pick me up snack.
Blueberries - Crammed with anti-oxidants and all things good, blueberries are also ranked low GI meaning you will get a more sustained energy boost.
Yoghurt - Providing a good dose of protein, this is perfect for pairing with the fruits above, making you feel fuller for longer.
- 1 banana
- ½ handful chopped nuts
- 1 handful blueberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- 250 ml yoghurt
• Dollop the yoghurt into a bowl, glass or whatever you can find.
• Sprinkle in blueberries so they're evenly distributed throughout.
• Slice a banana and arrange into the yoghurt.
• Drizzle a little bit of honey if you fancy sweetening things up a little.
• Drop on the crushed or chopped nuts - I used honey roasted cashews for an extra hint of sweetness.
- Nuts are also packed with energy, especially almonds, walnuts and pecans.
• Take a photo and upload it ;) Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Try one of these!