[wcm_nonmember]<!– –><div style=”text-align: center”><!– –><img src=”https://cdn.sorted.club/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/055A59941-2.jpg” alt=”” scale=”0″ style=”max-width: 30%; margin-top: 20px”><!– –><!– –><h2><!– –>Unlock this Recipe<!– –></h2><!– –><p style=”padding-bottom:25px”><!– –>Recipes from the ‘Hero Veg’ book are only available to members<!– –></p><!– –><a class=”et_pb_button et_pb_button_0 et_pb_module et_pb_bg_layout_light” href=”/product/digital-club-membership/”>join the club</a><!– –></div><!– –><!– –>[/wcm_nonmember]<!– –><!– –>[wcm_restrict]<!– –><!– –>
Burnt Leeks with Apple and Caramelised Breadcrumbs
75 g white bread
35 g unsalted butter
35 g caster sugar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 Granny Smith apple
- Tear the bread into a mini food processor and blitz into breadcrumbs. Put a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the butter. Let it melt and foam then reduce the heat slightly and add the breadcrumbs and sugar to the pan. Season well with salt.
- Stir occasionally and let the breadcrumbs caramelise for 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown all over. Once they’re golden brown pour the breadcrumbs onto a tray or plate lined with baking paper to cool. Stir occasionally while they cool.
- Put the mustard, olive oil and cider vinegar into a mixing bowl. Whisk until it comes together and season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the leeks, top and tail them and then cut into 3 equal cylinders. Put a frying pan over a high heat and add the butter. Let it melt and foam then add the leeks. Season well with salt and pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes and getting a deep brown colour on all sides.
- Transfer the leeks to a baking tray then blowtorch, turning regularly, until they are very black on all sides. Brush a generous layer of the dressing over the leeks.
- Peel and very finely dice the apple. Transfer it to a small bowl. Squeeze a little of the lemon juice over the apple. Divide the leeks between 2 plates and scatter over the breadcrumbs and diced apple.
<!– –><!– –>[/wcm_restrict]
next hero veg recipes