Welcome to SortedFood...
The online hub for beginners & pros.
There are hundreds of quick, easy, delicious recipe videos plus a whole load of skills, tips & tricks and cool food stuff from around the web.
Whether you want to get smarter at cooking, save some money, or just have a good laugh in the kitchen, we can definitely get you SORTED.
So many people class boiled potatoes as 'boring potatoes' - but that's not the case. Served rolled in butter with a sprinkle of herbs... but even better use a slice of our very own herb butter and you're onto a winner! This post will show you how.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT POTATOES:-
1) Boiled potatoes are best done with new potatoes. These are slightly waxy and have a very thin skin which is perfect when left on. Varieties include... Jersey Royals, Charlotte Potatoes or Anya Potatoes.
PREPARING THE POTATOES:-
1) Scrub and wash them well to remove any dirt or grit... but leave the skin intact.
2) Submerge into a pan of cold, salted water.
COOKING THE POTATOES:-
1) Bring the pan to the boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes depending on the potatoes size and age.
2) To test if they are done, stick a knife into the potato and you should feel no resistance. Lift the potato out of the pan on the blade and tilt it back towards the water. If the potato slides back off of the knife then they are ready.
1) Drain the potatoes and return to the dry hot pan with a knob of butter and plenty of salt and pepper to season. At this stage using a herb butter is perfect.
2) Toss to coat the spuds in the butter and serve immediately.