What goes into the world’s best banana bread recipe? How did we come up with it?
The best thing about SORTEDfood is that all of our recipes are created and crafted with suggestions from our fantabulous community. We send out a cry for help, you reply and together we’re able to make groundbreaking recipes.
I think it’s acceptable to say therefore that this banana bread recipe is the best on the whole internet! Here are the tips and tricks that make it so phenomenal. We don’t want a medal (though that would be nice) we just want to share it with you.
So use our recipe, or add these tips into your own method to create an irresistible loaf.
1. Before anything else you should ROAST the bananas. The flavour of roasted bananas is incredibly and will add new depth to your loaf.
2. SOAK your raisins in a shot of rum. When added to the mixture and baked they will give off a beautiful flavour which compliments the mixture.
3. BROWN the butter first in a pan to release a nutty aroma.
4. Add SOUR CREAM to the batter mixture. This helps to make an extremely moist loaf which is a must have in banana bread.
5. The finishing touch is the CRUNCHY topping. When you bite into a slice, there’s nothing nicer than a great big crunch. Sprinkle the top with dessicated coconut, caster sugar, brown sugar and ground almonds before popping it into the oven.
If you’re planning on whipping up a loaf soon don’t forget to send us a snap! Upload your photo to Twitter or Instagram and use #sortedfood. We’re always on the lookout!
If you liked this you’ll love…