Homemade pizza is one of the best things ever. It tastes way better than takeout and it’s probably going to be healthier too! There aren’t many rules when it comes to pizza. You can top them with almost anything you want, from savoury to sweet, anything goes. BUT! There are a few tips when it comes to making pizza that will ensure that you nail it first time!
Read on to find out more…
1. Seriously, try everything once. Except one thing…
2. … never, ever add toppings that are going to release a lot of water!
6. Go one step further if you’re feeling brave. Stuff the crust with cheese or meat. Homemade stuffed crust is awesome. Fact.
7. Now we’re getting into controversial territory! What do you prefer… thick or thin base?
8. Like we said… Anything goes when it comes to pizza!
9. No soggy bottoms here!
10. Pizza should never be complicated! Good dough, a nice slow prove and a few select toppings.
11. Making pizza at home means you know exactly what’s going into it. Have it as a treat every once in a while and don’t feel bad!
12. Pizza without an oven? We reckon it’s possible. Slap your base into a frying pan and construct it all in there. Start cooking the bottom for a nice crisp crust, then finish under the grill (or if you’re really really without oven, whack another pan on top at the start to create your own oven!)
13. If you’re not into cold pizza then just reheat the same way you’d cook it. You could even use the pan method above for lovely crisp crust second time around!