These facts are bizarre. We found it hard to get our head around them.
1. 28% of the world’s population eat insects as part of their everyday diet.
2. The average dairy cow can produce enough milk in a day to fill up a car’s tank.
3. On average we each have approximately 250g of salt in our bodies which equates to 3-4 shakers worth.
4. The distinctive smell of the exclusive wild truffle is caused by androstenol which is a chemical also found in the armpits of human men.
5. There are 1 million bubbles in a glass of champagne.
6. The average amount of calories consumed by a British person on Christmas Day is 6,000!
7. Birds are immune to capsaicin which is the bit that makes a chilli spicy. So you can put chilli in bird feed to get rid of other pesky animals.
8. A peanut technically isn’t a nut. It’s a legume.
9. Coca Cola was originally green.
10. Asparagus makes your pee smell really, really bad.
11. Honey doesn’t spoil. Archeologists have tried honey found in the tombs of Pharaohs from ancient Egypt and it tastes just fine!
12. Candy floss is 80% air and 20% sugar.
13. All nuts are available in their shells apart from cashew nuts because the shell is poisonous to humans.
There are just 13 there but we’re sure there are hundreds more so we need your help. Wow us with your own food facts. What do you know that we don’t? We want to be astounded!
Keep tuned on SORTEDfood for all of the latest food news, videos, recipes and articles. We’ve got all sorts to keep you entertained and cooking together in the kitchen!
If you liked this you’ll love…